March FLOWER JONQUIL
- Clean out all those beds you didn’t clean out last month.
- Plant the herbs you’ve been wanting.
- Don’t prune off freeze-damaged limbs or remove what looks like freeze-killed plants yet. Wait until April.
- Plant annuals and perennials except heat lovers like zinnias, caladiums, coleus, basil, etc.
- Feed, fertilize, and prune existing azalea bushes after they have finished blooming. Feed monthly for the next 3 months.
- It’s time to plant tomatoes.
- Purchase summer flowering bulbs to plant in April and May.
- Fertilize roses with a long lasting slow release fertilizer. Begin spraying program for insect and disease control.
- Hydrangeas: Apply aluminum sulfate around the roots to turn them blue.
October 9, 2018 we will have a presentation on plumerias at The Rosemont Assisted Living Facility.
November 13, 2018 we will build a Christmas hanging basket.
We went on a trip to the Hummingbird Festival in Lake Jackson on September 8, 2018.